Rene Milhoux - How Tintin's Domestic Dog Milou Got His Name

How Milou got his name

A footling spell agone I was contacted past times Renaud Milhoux who told me a fascinating storey of how Milou got his name. I absolutely honey identify unit of measurement stories similar this too actually appreciate Mr. Milhoux for sharing it alongside me too the readers of Tintinblog.com. Enjoy…

A footling spell agone I was contacted past times Renaud Milhoux who told  me a fascinating storey of h Rene Milhoux - How Tintin's domestic dog Milou got his name
Rene Milhoux (second from right)

This is how my slow granddad told me this story:
My slow grandfather, Rene Milhoux, was a real famous Belgian motorbike champion too speed tape holder during the 20′s too 30′s. He was regularly inwards the press every bit inwards those days what he did made big news. One of the newspapers that would recount his feats was “Le Vingtieme Siecle”, which every bit y'all know had a supplement called “Le Petit Vingtieme” for which Georges Remi (Herge) worked. At the same fourth dimension “Le Vingtieme Siecle” was also regularly publishing photograph reportages of a locomote journalist called Robert Sexe, whose pictures were a right away inspiration for Herge’s showtime few stories of Tintin. Sexe too my granddad had been introduced to each other past times the possessor of a motorbike company, my granddad was at the fourth dimension riding for that fellowship (Gillet de Herstal) too Mr. Sexe was traveling approximately the the world on motorcycles too needed a technical adviser. They presently became friends too my granddad helped him preparing his motorbike for his circular the the world trips. Both men were on a regular footing inwards the news. On 1 occasion my granddad was invited to the offices of “Le Vingtieme Siecle” for an exclusive interview, he was introduced to several people working there, 1 of them beingness Georges Remi, they had a footling chat during which Herge asked my granddad if he wasn’t also bothered that he had named the domestic dog Milou afterward him, my granddad flora it quite amusing then of course of educational activity had no objection. Remember that at that fourth dimension Tintin wasn’t every bit big every bit it is now.
Milou is male, small, brave too quite clever. My granddad is (obviously) male, was small, brave (record breaker) too beingness an engineer I would enjoin quite clever (also he regularly helped Mr Sexe out…).

A footling spell agone I was contacted past times Renaud Milhoux who told  me a fascinating storey of h Rene Milhoux - How Tintin's domestic dog Milou got his name
Rene Milhoux.

According to Renaud, his granddad was “sometimes called the “White Devil”…because he ever wore white overalls for his tape breaking events…another link to an impossibly white Snowy?”

The heir to the story:
A footling spell agone I was contacted past times Renaud Milhoux who told  me a fascinating storey of h Rene Milhoux - How Tintin's domestic dog Milou got his name
Renaud Milhoux

Vintage images flora at (French): www.automag.be

Read to a greater extent than well-nigh Rene Milhoux (French): automag.be Rene Milhoux
   
Original article flora at (English): tintinblog.com

Komentar

Postingan Populer